Monday, March 19, 2007

Grateful Red

I know yesterday's loss will likely sting for some time, leaving us with plenty of what if's, such as...

1. Brian Butch stayed healthy all season long.

2. The team made free throws in clutch situations.

3. Our bigs could hit mid-range J's and post up and finish (see Mike "the Milkman" Wilkinson).

4. Stiemsma learned how to play position defense on the block.

5. Michael Flowers progressed on the offensive end of the floor, and Kam Taylor provided more consistent scoring.

6. Joe Krabbenhoff could finish open layups.

I could continue, but would instead like to highlight a few positives, acknowledging the losses of Tucker, Taylor, and yes Chappel.

1. 30 wins, the most in school history.

2. 10 straight NCAA appearances.

3. School-record 13 BT wins, including 5-3 road record.

4. 1st First Team All-American since 1950.

5. The development of JBoh and Trevon Hughes.

6. Tucker's departure as the program's leading scorer and arguably its best player.

7. Undefeated home record.

I'll follow up soon with my analysis of prospects for the 2007-2008 season. Rest assured that football season is only a little more than 5 months away.

1 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Blogger TR said...

I'm racking my brain on what I want to say about this team. The post has been written and re-written in my mind for the past 20 some hours. Look for it tomorrow night. In the meantime, On Wisconsin!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home